Wednesday, January 23, 2008

UP DATE JANUARY 23, 2008

Well friends it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Doug has elected not to continue further treatment.

He will be returning from Cleveland as soon as a bed opens up at St. Peter's Hospital - from there Doug will be discharged to hospice care at my home.

I am not sure yet how to handle the situation with my mom - how to help her understand - but for now I am just going to explain that Doug is staying with us for a bit of time. Jean is heartbroken as am I. Noone tried harder to keep a friend comfortable, safe and alive than Jean - she is a true angel.

I would also like to thank Heather for her wonderful encouraging emails, I know I have not yet responded - but I so appreciate them and once things settle down I will send a more personal note :) - Thank you Heather!

PS - Doug's birthday is January 29th